Software Engineer - Commodities
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Commodities trading group to build and support data pipelines for the ingestion, management, and analysis of datasets used by analysts and traders. The role entails working closely with senior data engineers and key stakeholders across both green field and established projects. Initially it will be focused on getting data to our analysts, but in time there will be opportunities to help design and build the core data infrastructure used across the group.
- Development of reliable ETL pipelines in Python
- Work on a small team alongside experienced engineers
- Regular direct contact with internal users
- Contribute to a mixture of both legacy and greenfield projects
- Numerate degree
- Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and detail-oriented
Experience with in any of the following is desirable:
- relational databases (Postgres preferred)
- finance (especially in a trading environment)
- data engineering
- familiarity with multiple programming languages