Software Development Engineer in Test
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Software Development Engineer in Test provides mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. As a SDET, you will partner closely with the business and with software developers to develop test plans and test cases for various trading platforms that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in functional testing and the ability to design and develop both manual and automated test strategies and test cases.
- Set up, maintain, and support testing environments for automated and manual testing for both the QA and software development environments
- Provide testing environment configuration support for development teams; ensure availability and provide backup QA support during overlapping times for Asia and US-based teams
- Perform certification and conformance testing with Asian exchanges
- Test market data and order adapters for Asian exchanges
- Develop automated regression testing of system functionality using Python
- Develop scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring test system components
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Work with operations team to communicate upcoming changes to software systems
- Help troubleshoot and resolve problems in production systems
- Reproduce issues discovered in production using the test environments in order to help identify issues and solutions
- Strong programming skills obtained through a degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively test applications independently
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with automated test frameworks
- Experience with scripting languages, primarily Python
- 2+ years of experience working with databases such as MSSQL or Postgres
- 1+ year of experience working on Linux operating systems
- Experience in testing trading systems and strategies is a big plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.