Systems & Infrastructure Specialist
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Systems & Infrastructure Specialist, you must have excellent problem-solving and problem-identifying skills, be detail oriented and be able to adapt to change and work well under pressure. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to travel on short notice.
- Procure, prepare and deploy equipment and required connectivity in data centers
- Maintain detailed documentation of all IT assets using an Internal database
- Co-ordinate with technicians in our remote sites to troubleshoot network related issues
- Review, propose and implement data center sites improvement
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain network equipment, servers and Operating Systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and Layer 1 and 2 connectivity problems
- Coordinate with Service providers for the installation and activation of new services
- Manage RMAs with manufacturers
- Remotely provide technical support to 3rd party contractors various tasks
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Available for emergency remote troubleshooting afterhours
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar role within the data center industry
- Minimum of College degree in Computer, Network and Information Systems
- Extensive knowledge in computer networking, troubleshooting and analytical skills in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Research and apply advancements in IT to existing system environments
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining various hardware and software platforms and Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Experience contributing to complex global projects in a team environment
- Adept at identifying and solving problems at various levels of internetworked computer systems
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, network management concepts, LAN and WAN networking, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Available to travel over 10% of the time in North America and parts of Europe
- Must hold a valid driver license and eligible for an International Driving Permit
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP)
- Lab testing using oscilloscope, switches and servers
- Programming and scripting skills
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at: https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.