DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As an Accounting Manager on our global Accounting & Finance team, you will be responsible for managing the accounting function for a new and growing area of our trading business.
- Manage the accounting function of the Ergonia business, which covers many legal entities across several jurisdictions.
- Lead month-end close process, including bank reconciliations, monthly journal entries, operating expense review and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Collaborate with Ergonia business leaders regularly to understand the business and stay informed with current business matters.
- Collaborate regularly with the tax and legal teams.
- Maintain deep understanding of the complex organizational structure as well as accounting requirements for foreign entities.
- Monthly and annual preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Monthly and annual preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Work closely with auditors and foreign regulators to prepare year end work papers and complete other requests.
- Complete ad-hoc requests from Ergonia management and DRW leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 7-10 years of public or corporate accounting experience
- Previous experience working in trading firms, hedge funds, or other similar asset management firms required
- Previous experience working with foreign jurisdictions
- Previous experience working with complex organizational structure
- People management experience preferred
- Must have strong experience creating reports in Excel
- Previous experience working with Great Plains preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of GAAP
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and be flexible to handle changing priorities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.