Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Software Developer, you will be an integral member of a team of experienced technologists, quantitative researchers, and traders. Your team will work closely to solve challenging technological problems by contributing to our full tech stack, from hardware and software development to grid computing. We are looking for individuals eager to learn new technologies to create innovative solutions and choose the right tools to directly impact our business. You will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology, given immediate responsibility, mentored by industry-leading engineers, and attend a robust training program, all to provide you with the best possible environment to succeed at DRW.
How you will make an impact…
- Design, develop, test and deploy proprietary software including:
- Trading strategy simulation software optimised for distributed computation
- Large scale data acquisition, storage, accessibility, and visualisation
- Ultra-low-latency trading strategies
- Complex algorithmic trading systems
- Real time trade management and risk analysis platforms
- Low level optimisations for data processing
- Fully automated trading strategies
- Adapters for exchange protocols
- Robust inter process communication mechanisms
- Analyse and tune system performance
- Collaborate with experienced teammates to learn and implement bespoke solutions that balance speed, features, and cost to improve our technology stack
What you bring to the team…
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or any related engineering discipline graduating between December 2023 and August 2024 (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
- Excellent software development skills in modern C++, Java or Python
- Skills in network programming (TCP/IP), multi‐threaded applications, computational intelligence, real‐time programming or GUI programming
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A solid foundation in programming with the ability to think, communicate, and code clearly
- Strong communication skills to advocate your ideas in a clear and concise manner to the team
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.