Network Architect RF Intern
At DRW, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in London. We design and deploy low latency network and technology for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading.
Our NX team is looking for a passionate RF Architect Intern to support DRW NX with design and optimisation of low latency wireless networks. As part of our Architecture team, you’ll have an opportunity to work and be exposed to the entire lifecycle of the projects.
What you bring to the team…
- Are pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline and have an expected graduation date between December 2024 and August 2025
- Intellectually curious and a passion for technology
- Good knowledge of RF/Microwave point-to-point links design
- Strong understanding of RF propagation
- Capability to work with planning tools such as Pathloss 5
- High level of interest in project management
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and provide meaningful updates
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- A pragmatic and flexible mindset in order to succeed in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to proactively carry out tasks independently
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve project goals
What to expect during the internship…
- Learn details about low latency networks
- Design and optimising microwave networks
- Support implementation and operation activities as needed
- Get familiar with regulatory aspects of building international networks
- Manage projects on some levels
- Collaborate with other teams to validate solutions and progress project
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.