Junior Hardware Technician
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Jr. Hardware Technician, Global Hardware Services provides hardware provisioning and testing services, lab management and safety services, test setup design and implementation services, test setup maintenance and troubleshooting support to NX.
- Ensure that all QC tests are conducted according to approved GHS QC procedures and that all QC requests are delivered on, or before the requested stakeholder due date
- Keep all GHS QC procedures up to date to reflect the latest hardware technical improvements
- Aim for continuous improvement of our hardware provisioning and testing services
- Ensure that all field returned hardware is promptly and properly analyzed according to approved GHS RCA procedures and with all defects and issues properly documented in Wrike
- Ensure that all field returned hardware is promptly and properly returned to the manufacturer following the RCA process, as per approved GHS
- RMA procedures and provide continuous updates via Wrike
- Communicate with external vendors and suppliers as per the approved RCA and RMA GHS procedures
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a team services portfolio that details the services Global Hardware Services can provide to all NX stakeholders but also other DRW teams
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our team space in Wrike and SharePoint
- Enforce and execute safety and organizational policies for the different NX labs as defined by the GHS manager
- Communicate with NX stakeholders for implementation and maintenance of test setups
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the software tools and processes used to capture test setup details and test results data
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the software tools and processes used for inventory management
Qualifications & Skills
- Diploma of College Studies in Technical programs like Computer Technology, Electrical Technology or related field
- Extensive experience with hardware solutions involving computer and networking technology
- Understanding of Radio Frequency theory and wireless technology is an asset
- Pragmatic mindset to succeed in an often changing and dynamic environment Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and good attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- International experience and ability to work productively with diverse cultures
- Analytical capabilities to breakdown complex hardware problems / projects / tasks into executable and measurable steps to deliver predictable results
- Theoretical knowledge and technical skills in the implementation and testing of hardware solutions
- Solid hands-on experience with electrical measuring instruments
- Solid hands-on experience for manual work involving tool
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at: https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.