Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas, and reward their results.
As an Equity Analyst, you will be responsible for understanding equity catalysts and events as well as covering the corporate calendar, news stories, and sell-side research. This position will support the derivatives trading team by providing inputs into options pricing and the structuring of trades based on the research you have done. We are looking for a results-driven individual who enjoys the challenge of digesting and synthesizing complex equity events, news, and corporate actions. In addition to providing daily research updates and real-time coverage for the traders, this role will be an opportunity to execute research-backed derivative trading ideas. You will work closely with experienced research analysts, traders, and software engineers. Individual discovery and collaboration with fellow team members are encouraged to develop your understanding of market behavior. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a growing trading desk and is a role where ideas can be quickly translated into trades within the same team.
How you will make an impact…
- Support a derivative trading desk with rapidly executed data analysis and fundamental research
- Monitor market-moving news across a broad range of equities to provide real-time analysis to the trading team
- Analyze company fundamentals to determine the impact market-moving events will have on a company’s share price
- Create implied probably distributions to identify market mispricings and trading opportunities
- Provide daily event and news-driven summaries and regular in-depth scenario analysis
- Proactively generate trade ideas and suggestions regarding sector/symbol moving events
- Maintain dividend and earnings calendars
- Listen to company earnings calls, attending company shareholder events, and industry conferences
- Work with Software Engineers to develop data analytics tools
- Interact directly with our traders, learning their process to help drive more informed trading decisions
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in economics, finance or related field graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Strong understanding of the economy and company fundamentals
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience working with large data sets
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- An adaptive and results-driven attitude
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and crypto assets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.