Middle Office Operations - Power Specialist
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Middle Office Operations - Power Specialist, you will join our Global Trading Operations team and provide dedicated support to DRW’s Power desks. Primary responsibilities will include trade capture, trade confirmation, reconciliation, profit-and-loss calculation and analysis, which require communication with both front office traders and back-office colleagues, as well as with senior management in both departments. Highly effective communication skills are critical as you will also have regular, direct interaction with a variety of other teams across the firm, including risk management, technology, and the firm’s partnership. The ability to work in a stressful environment while maintaining a high degree of professionalism is paramount.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Provide ownership for and mastery of the processes and workflows needed to support standard operational and trader assistant functions of the firm’s Energy trading desks
- Trade and position reconciliation with the firm’s clearing firms and prime brokers
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation: while supporting each desk’s preferred method of aggregating and reporting P&L, ensure that such workflow conforms to and integrates with DRW’s standards
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary and third-party trade capture, inventory management, and P&L reporting systems necessary to support the desks’ activity
- Act as process super-user for current workflows and systems, resolving issues that may arise between internal groups at DRW and multiple external exchanges, clearers, and counterparties; provide critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes
- Develop strong understanding of traders’ individual risk management tools and support of related traders’ needs
- Upgrade and support traders’ tools to take advantage of technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Liaise with technical personnel to secure proper support/coverage for ongoing operations and implement enhanced workflows, with a focus on process efficiency, risk reduction, and alignment with DRW standards
- Work closely with Business Liaison team to assure new desks, traders, and products are on-boarded correctly
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in finance or trading
- 5+ years of experience in FTRs/TCCs/CRRs across various ISO’s including but not limited to PJM, NYISO, MISO, ERCOT
- The ability to navigate and analyze P&L across large amounts of electricity transmission data inclusive of trade count, forward marks, and hourly settlements
- Prior interaction with front office and senior management teams in an active trading environment preferred
- Ability to work with databases, and utilize data from APIs preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to independently and quickly solve problems
- Able to perform repeatable tasks with consistent results
- Able to handle sensitive financial data appropriately
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.