Software Engineer - GD1 Trading Desk
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk. Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We are seeking a Python Engineer to join our team in London in as a software engineer for our Global Delta One business. The position offers a unique opportunity to influence the design and architecture of a growing system and ensure efficient development and deployment of revenue generating solutions by a team of software engineers.
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business and work directly with Traders and Quantitative Researchers on a daily basis.
- Work as part of our team of global Software Engineers embedded in our Global Delta One business, working on its automated trading platform
- Improve existing code and develop new tools
- Collaborate directly with traders and researchers to identify solutions and/or create technical specifications and clearly articulate value add of new capabilities
- Manage a technology backlog from ideation to deployment
- Collaborating with other traders, researchers, software engineers, and support engineers elsewhere within the organization
- Experience developing trading-related software
- 3+ years of professional script development, demonstrating excellent, detailed understanding of Python
- Able to analyze business requests and translate to technical specifications and solutions
- Able to teach others
- Experience optimizing distributed systems
- Experience in performance tuning data-intensive systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.