Network Infrastructure Architect
DRW NX is looking for a talented Network Engineer to join our NSO team (Network Services and Operations). You will play a critical role in building, automating and ensuring the reliability of some of the most cutting-edge low latency infrastructure in the world. You will have the opportunity to work on the fastest network in the world, experiment with the latest technologies and be a pioneer in the networking industry. You will be part of a driven and dynamic global team, focusing on designing improving, managing and monitoring a global cutting-edge network.
As a Network Engineer for DRW, here are some of the things you will focus on:
- Design, configure and support our global infrastructure including proprietary hardware platforms with a focus on low latency
- Proactively identify enhancements to existing configurations, technologies and procedures to improve performance
- Provide operational support for our global wireless and wired high-performance network environments
- Use proprietary and industry standard monitoring and analysis tools to identify, diagnose and solve network related issues throughout our global infrastructure
- Contribute to the documentation of network processes, systems and configurations
- Design and deploy new monitoring and telemetry systems where applicable
- Participate in network change and code reviews
- Interact with software and infrastructure teams to design, maintain and improve our internal tool stack
- Automate repetitive tasks and day to day network processes
What you bring to the team:
- At least 10 years of experience working with large-scale enterprise or low latency networks
- Experience managing large-scale networks, infrastructure or software projects
- Experience producing network design and architecture documents
- In depth knowledge of Internet, WAN, LAN, and datacenter network architectures
- In depth Routing & Switching fundamentals
- Experience configuring routing for BGP, OSPF or EIGRP
- Experience with multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM)
- In depth knowledge of Linux (Boot sequence, service manager, file, process, network and kernel management)
- Ability to deploy and operate a monitoring framework such as Cacti, Zabbix, Nagios, Prometheus or Tick stack
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- A high level of energy and a passion for learning, creativity and innovation
- The flexibility to participate in a rotating on-call schedule including weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a team player
Bonus points for:
- CCIE certification (R&S or similar)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer science or Software Engineering.
- Experience with point to point wireless networks and knowledge of RF principles
- Experience working on low latency or trading networks
- Strong firewall experience (Checkpoint, Fortigate, Palo Alto etc.)
- Experience working on automation (Python, Ansible/Puppet/Salt etc.)
- Hands on experience working with containers or pods (docker or Kubernetes or similar)
- Hands on experience with cloud services (AWS)
- Coding experience in Python, Go or similar coding language
- Hands on experience with TICK stack (Telegraf / Influx) or Prometheus.
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.