Cloud Performance Engineer
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are seeking an Cloud Performance Engineer to work with technology teams across the firm to build high-performance cloud solutions for trading and analytical workloads. As a member of the Cloud Architecture and Technology Services team, the successful candidate will be able to fine-tune operating systems and relevant cloud-based logical infrastructure to achieve optimal compute performance and network latency characteristics for relevant workloads.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate education in computer science preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proficient with designing high throughput cloud network architectures.
- Proficient with designing low latency cloud network architectures.
- Understanding of optimizations available for AWS's VPC network.
- Proficient with Linux kernel bypass techniques, DMA, and the DPDK.
- Deep knowledge of the Nitro hypervisor and relevant tuning techniques.
- Experience optimizing systems in a Kubernetes environment.
- Proven experience in large scale cloud deployments including both stateless AND stateful services.
- Able to implement systems with a security-first mindset, adhering to firm-wide security policies, and best practice implementations.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have strong work ethic and initiative.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.