Senior Software Engineer, Cryptoassets
Cumberland- a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24/7 access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem grow and evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Cumberland team. This role is responsible for building and supporting a multi-language, functionally diverse technology stack to empower Cumberland to trade across many exchanges and regions using a wide range of strategies.
As a member of this team, you will work with other software engineers to design and develop the full stack of software needed to enable a global trading operation. You are expected to design and develop trading systems, exchange connectivity solutions, monitoring systems, and tools to integrate with DRW’s core infrastructure services. The team’s existing systems are written in Java, C++, and Python.
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business and work directly with Traders and Quantitative Researchers on a daily basis.
- Work as part of our cryptoassets team to establish and maintain best-in-class software systems that enable 24-hour, global trading operations
- Design and develop full-stack software systems including trading systems, exchange connectivity solutions, and monitoring systems
- Working in multiple languages, including Java, C++, and Python
- Testing at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as greenfield development
- Providing on-call support as needed
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting mission critical, high-performance applications.
- 5+ years of professional Java or C++ experience.
- 3+ years of professional script development experience, preferably Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communication, including multicast and WebSockets
- Experience with inter-process messaging, micro-service architectures, and API design
- Experience with Functional Programming and Immutable Design
- Experience with trading systems is desirable, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.