Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Cumberland Labs is a Blockchain and Web3 incubator firm, backed by the founders of trading company DRW and crypto pioneer Cumberland. These founders have proven expertise in taking great ideas and translating them into action (see ErisX, Digital Asset Holdings, and the DRW VC portfolio). As an active participant in the Defi ecoystem, Cumberland Labs supports new projects – through capital, expertise and other resources – that we believe have the potential to further democratize markets, make them more transparent and fuel efficiency in operations.
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) provides mission critical support for our Blockchain based products. As an SDET, you well develop and execute test plans and test cases for various applications in the Blockchain/DeFi space. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in functional and automation testing and ability to design and develop test strategies and test cases.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set up, maintain, and support testing environments for automated and manual testing for both QA and Development environments
- Provide testing environment configuration support for development teams
- Develop automated regression testing of system functionality using Selenium and Python
- Develop scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring system components
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Reproduce issues discovered in production using the test environments in order to identify issues and solutions
- Work with operations team to communicate upcoming changes to software systems
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of QA Testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively test applications independently
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of modern methodologies such as BDD or TDD
- Experience working with automated test frameworks like Selenium
- Experience in API such as Postman
- Exposure to Load testing and Cross browser testing
- Good understanding of testing RESTful APIs
- Experience with different bug tracking systems like Jira
- Good understanding of SQA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability; reliability and strong follow through
- Experience in testing Blockchain based applications is a big plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.