Accounts Payable Intern
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As an Accounts Payable Intern on our Finance and Accounting team, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills in a fast-paced and rapidly growing trading environment. DRW’s internship program exposes students to the dynamic worlds of trading and technology.
How you will make an impact…
- Process non-purchase order invoices in the purchasing system
- Open and sort mail; file documents as needed
- Compile support for various invoices, preparing them for payment
- Make monthly journal entries for various accruals and reclasses
- Assist in 5-day payables and accrual close process
- Provide support and answer questions on expenses when needed
- Prepare ad hoc reports
What you bring to the team…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2025
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in teams
- Strongly proficient in use of Excel (preferred)
- Self-motivated and enjoy challenges and responsibility
- Very detail-oriented and possess strong analytical skills
What to expect during the internship…
- Meaningful projects: You’ll assist in DRW initiatives and projects during your time here, each with the meaningful goal of helping the team improve processes and enhance the way we work.
- Community & Mentorship: You will be able to participate in a variety of DRW outings and build a relationship with the broader Accounting team and discuss your professional development.
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.