Natural Gas Basis Analyst
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our DRW Natural Gas team, is looking to add a Natural Gas Basis Analyst to the team! This role will be tasked with understanding regional markets, projecting forward supply and demand balances, and interacting with other team members to generate trade concepts. DRW is focused on creating market advantage through data. As such, this role will is expected to work with and present data to traders to quantify market fundamentals and trading concepts.
- Organization and presentation of fundamental data
- Working with traders to discover relationships between different fundamental factors
- Work with traders to research and scrutinize trading concepts
- Construct scenario analysis to support trading decisions and evaluate risks to firm positions.
- At least 5 years experience in the North American natural gas markets
- Familiarity with pipeline nomination data, EIA natural gas dataset, weather data, and price data
- Must be proficient in Python 3.8, Postgre SQL, and Excel
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.