Systematic Trader - GD1
As a Systematic Trader based in London on our Delta One desk, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to create optimal trading and investment strategies within the regulatory framework. The group is an integrated team of traders, software engineers and researchers, employing a diverse set of best in class strategies. The team is looking for an experienced trader who will actively contribute and help grow the business. Ours is an environment that values hard work, drive, honesty, and a desire to learn and improve.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Trade multiple Delta One products, including but not limited to ETF, equity, and index futures utilizing both automated and manual execution strategies
- Advancing existing strategies and developing new strategies using automated, statistical and machine learning techniques
- Identifying new markets in which to deploy trading strategies and introduce new research directions
- Research and analyze trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding of current world events and their impact across financial markets
- Investigate the potential application of existing strategies to new asset classes
- Perform post-trade analysis of strategies while utilizing custom technology systems
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behaviors to team members
- Collaborating with software engineers to implement trading strategies and system features
- Contributing to the development of analytical tools
What you bring to the team:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or related quantitative analytical field
- Proven experience of profitable trading on a leading Delta One desk in a bank, proprietary trading, or market making environment
- Broad experience trading in Asia and knowledge of market regulations
- Demonstrable experience in successfully building and managing trades
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- A deep curiosity of analysing large data sets using your knowledge of probability and statistics
- Experience programming in Python, R, C++ or similar languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, VBA
- Are adaptive, self-motivated, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.