DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are a small development team within DRW supporting multiple web-based GUIs used by traders and IT. Our team predominantly collaborates online, however we are based in Chicago and require team members to periodically come in office. Our code is all written in TypeScript, utilizing Node and Docker for back-end microservices, and React powering the front-end.
- Strong software engineering background
- Experience or interest in performance tuning data-intensive systems
- Periodically come in to the Chicago office
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with writing integration tests
- Experience optimizing distributed systems
- Open-source contributions or side projects
- Experience or interest in finance
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience or interest with WebAssembly and/or Rust
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.