DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Research Developer, you will be an integral member of an algorithmic trading team comprised of experienced technologists, quantitative researchers, and traders. Your team will work closely to solve challenging technological problems and contribute to our full tech stack, from hardware and software development to grid computing. You will be surrounded by cutting edge technology, mentored by industry-leading engineers, offered training and continuing education opportunities, and given immediate responsibility. We are looking for creative technologists, natural programmers, and disciplined engineers eager to develop new technologies that directly impact our business.
How you will make an impact:
- Work with researchers to implement research studies, simulate trading strategies, and develop algorithms to compete in financial markets
- Design trading strategy simulation software optimized for high fidelity and throughput
- Develop software for large scale data acquisition, storage, access, and visualization
- Work with a team to maintain and extend our existing data analysis infrastructure and toolset
- Create user interfaces for data exploration and post trade analysis
- Accelerate the research lifecycle from strategy prototype to production deployment
- Evaluate new technology and improve our technology stack
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional C++ Development Experience in modern C++ (11 or later)
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- A solid foundation in programming with the ability to think, communicate, and write maintainable code
- Experience with complex distributed applications and scalable performance
- Proficiency with Linux/VCS/CI workflows
- Demonstrated ability to produce algorithmic code in a fast-paced environment
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.