Desktop Systems Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing end user support to employees in our Amsterdam corporate office
- Assisting in the deployment and support of trading applications
- Building, configuring and upgrading workstations, laptops and mobile devices
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades of desktop managed servers
- User provisioning (user accounts, mobile devices, VPN, directory permissions)
- Providing support for conference room technologies
- Automation of repetitive system administration tasks
- Evaluating and recommending new hardware and software technologies or solutions
What we’re looking for in this role:
- Strong experience supporting applications and users across Windows, Unix and MacOS
- Experience deploying and supporting trading applications.
- Experience working on a trade floor / with traders
- Passionate about technology
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is eager to grow within our organization
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Bonus MacOS and UNIX client support experience
- Scripting or low level programming experience
- Must have ability to speak, read, and write in Dutch, as well as English
- Previous experience working in financial markets industry
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
Nice to have:
- Powershell experience
- Previous Mac OS or Linux support experience
- Previous Windows Server and Active Directory support experience
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.