Application Support Specialist
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our Global Data Dynamics team is growing. As an Application Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing mission critical support for our proprietary trading applications as well as provide support for the traders. This role performs a wide variety of technical troubleshooting and engineering work, including software deployment, software configuration, and system monitoring. You will work in a dynamic trading environment that provides new technical challenges constantly, alongside highly skilled colleagues such as Software Developers and Traders.
What is needed in this role:
- Experience in application support
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Basic scripting skills (Such as; Python, PowerShell or Bash, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux and/or Windows environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A client-focused, service- minded approach and a strong sense of urgency
- The ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle high pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Availability to work multiple schedules on a rotation (nights / early mornings) is required
Bonus Points for:
- Previous experience in financial markets or with financial trading applications
- Previous experience with configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible
- Previous experience with Docker containers
- Previous experience with monitoring suites such as Splunk, Kibana & Grafana
What you’ll be working on:
- Delivering flawless production support, software deployment and configuration, and proactive monitoring to anticipate and avoid issues before they occur
- Providing support for proprietary trading systems deployed across a multi-platform production environment
- Providing technical support during trading operations to resolve issues affecting mission critical trading applications
- Analyzing trading strategies together with the traders and research teams
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.