Deputy MLRO, United Kingdom
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Our Local Programs and Regulatory Compliance team is responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations in the countries where we operate.
The UK Deputy MLRO / CO will report to the UK Head of Compliance. You will be responsible for supporting Crypto.com’s UK Crypto Asset Exchange and EMI businesses in their regulatory compliance obligations, including daily management of the UK Compliance Program, management of independent reviews / external audits, preparing and submitting regulatory reports, maintaining program documentation tracking, and providing recommendations in program improvements.
You will also support the UK Head of Compliance to ensure robust policies, controls are in place across Crypto.com’s regulated businesses, and that they remain in line with regulatory change. Job Responsibilities: Work with internal stakeholders (eg Legal, Compliance, IT Security, Product etc) and external stakeholders (external Counsel) to assure quality and accurate response(s)/submission(s) to regulators with regard to licensing, registration and/or ongoing operational reporting;
- Work with different functions to ensure compliance with the UK’s regulatory requirements;
- Assist with the periodic review of policies and training;
- Manage internal compliance operational controls, independent reviews and regulatory enquiry responses as required;
- Identify, highlight and manage regulatory risks, findings and recommendations that are identified internally through independent reviews or examinations;
- Work with Management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Ensure complaint management process is performing as required;
- Respond to law enforcement requests and inquiries;
- Continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to the regulatory framework governing the company and its activities;
- Manage key compliance projects to ensure that compliance projects are executed on a timely basis and in compliance with local regulatory requirements;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities required to ensure that the Company adhere with local regulations.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in complex retail/consumer financial services/payment services organisations that provide multiple financial products, or a regulatory agency or law firm involving compliance issues relating to anti money laundering, and related payments services laws and regulations;
- Excellent knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations, the FCA Handbook and E-money Regulations within the banking/financial services industry;
- Experience with the Consumer Duty and Financial Promotions regulation would be viewed favourably;
- Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements vs. “best practices” in compliance is critical;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organisational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent written communication – business and project reports Experience interacting with local regulators a plus; CAMS certification, or willingness to obtain, preferred;
- Knowledge of digital assets and fintech products is preferred Ability to work within a matrixed environment and cross functionally with operations and technology functions from scratch alongside with a talented team
Life @ Crypto.com
Empowered to think big. Try new opportunities while working with a talented, ambitious and supportive team.
Transformational and proactive working environment. Empower employees to find thoughtful and innovative solutions.
Growth from within. We help to develop new skill-sets that would impact the shaping of your personal and professional growth.
Work Culture. Our colleagues are some of the best in the industry; we are all here to help and support one another.
One cohesive team. Engage stakeholders to achieve our ultimate goal - Cryptocurrency in every wallet.
Work Flexibility Adoption. Flexi-work hour and hybrid or remote set-up
Aspire career alternatives through us - our internal mobility program offers employees a new scope.
Work Perks: crypto.com visa card provided upon joining
Are you ready to kickstart your future with us?
Attractive annual leave entitlement including: birthday, work anniversary
Aspire career alternatives through us. Our internal mobility program can offer employees a diverse scope.
Work Perks: crypto.com visa card provided upon joining
Our Crypto.com benefits packages vary depending on region requirements, you can learn more from our talent acquisition team.
Founded in 2016, Crypto.com serves more than 80 million customers and is the world's fastest growing global cryptocurrency platform. Our vision is simple: Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet™. Built on a foundation of security, privacy, and compliance, Crypto.com is committed to accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency through innovation and empowering the next generation of builders, creators, and entrepreneurs to develop a fairer and more equitable digital ecosystem.
Learn more at https://crypto.com.
Crypto.com is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating an environment where opportunities are presented to everyone in a fair and transparent way. Crypto.com values diversity and inclusion, seeking candidates with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that complement and strengthen our team.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.