Release Manager (Application Support)
- You will collaborate with senior engineering leadership, product managers and stakeholders to define the release program to ensure its objectives, scope and success criteria align with our business needs.
- You will drive the planning, communications and execution of multiple releases by interfacing with all stakeholder functions of a release, such as the engineering managers, program managers, and product managers
- You will be responsible for measuring and improving the release KPI
- You will own the release management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and managing releases across the organization by measuring progress and mitigating risks affecting the release in scope, quality and schedule.
- Conduct and report release readiness reviews along with reviewing go-live blockers.
- You’ll also work closely with the release and engineering teams to continuously improve the release process by providing collaboration, information management tools, and close integration with CI/CD systems.
- 5+ years of Release management at fintech or technology company.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects or releases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of detail orientation.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery process and technologies.
- Ability to provide structure by establishing and driving a process for release and deployment for a highly distributed and complex set of services.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills conducive to driving consensus; able to work well in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to master technologies relevant to supporting the deployments.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully partner with all functions across the entire company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- This is a 4-day work week schedule with 3-days off
- Weekend coverage and night shift are required on a rotational basis
- Must be willing to work in a 24/7 environment with 12-hour shifts in rotation (morning or night shift)
- Familiar with Service Ownership and DevOps best practices.
- Experience managing on Premise and cloud application releases
- Familiarity with compliance and security standards, policies, and risk management.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Ability to manage/juggle multiple priorities without loss of efficiency.
- Familiarity with software release processes, version control, and agile methodologies.