VP, Risk and Compliance Officer
Risk Officer Role Responsibilities
- Establish an internal risk programme to effectively monitor and adhere to the company’s risk appetite.
- Prepare an enterprise-wide risk assessment, including analysis, identification, description, and estimation of risks affecting the business, and maintain an up-to-date risk register for effective risk management.
- Analyse and discuss assessment outcomes with various risk owners and drive the development and execution of necessary mitigation plans.
- Consult and support relevant departments in determining, quantifying, and mitigating risks related to client and industry relationships.
- Monitor and oversee Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM)/ Outsourcing Function risks. Document and maintain a comprehensive disaster recovery plan to ensure business continuity in case of unforeseen events.
- Design and implement a robust policy compliance process applicable to all business policies, ensuring adherence to regulatory standards and internal guidelines.
- Provide support and training to increase risk awareness among company staff.
- Prepare reporting to the Risk Committee and to the Board of Directors as required Participate in process improvements and risk-related projects
Compliance Officer Role Responsibilities
- Design and develop the company's governance arrangements and internal control framework through robust policies and procedures
- Promote a strong compliance culture throughout the firm.
- Ensure the independence of the compliance function within the organization.
- Manage the company’s budget as allocated to compliance in a manner consistent with the level of compliance risk the firm is exposed to.
- Maintain full access to all relevant information systems within the firm as well as any internal or external audit reports or other reporting to senior management or the supervisory function.
- Attend meetings of senior management or the supervisory function.
- Maintain and up to date, in-depth knowledge of the firm’s organization, corporate culture and decision-making processes.
- Provide on-the-ground day-to-day support to business colleagues
- Assume ownership of a range of periodic compliance processes.
- Undertake compliance monitoring activity and periodic tailored compliance reviews in full collaboration Compliance colleagues to identify and implement opportunities to enhance compliance monitoring capabilities.
- Manage, from scoping through to implementation, individual projects as part of the firm's compliance plan.
- Consider proposed new / amended regulations and their potential impact on the company and its offerings.
- Engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders as required.