Application Support Engineer (Exchange)
- Provide technical support to internal and external users of the Exchange Trading System with focus on APIs, network connectivity and application functionality.
- End to end ownership of the production environment, monitor and maintain the Application’s performance and stability.
- Work closely with Development team and Infrastructure team in troubleshooting and resolving high priority Production incidents. Should have sense of urgency and understand the criticality of the issue.
- Actively participate in UAT phase, release planning and deployment, and document Support processes and procedures.
- Provide phone or remote support during non-office hours in case required.
- Point of escalation for L1 support, Sales team and external users with focus on client service and delivery.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of total experience in technical support role preferably exposure to Exchange, High Frequency / Low Latency Trading System.
- Good understanding of financial markets and trading operations of any of the asset class i.e., Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives or Digital Asset (Cryptocurrency).
- Excellent problem-solving ability with a keen eye for details, and an analytical mind-set.
- Experience in SQL database and Unix/Linux environment.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Bash.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and alerting tools (i.e., Grafana, Datadog, OpsGenie, EKS, Splunk, Sumologic).
- Knowledge of DevOps or Cloud technology (AWS / Azure) is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and standard documentation processes/technical writing standards is plus.
- Experience in FIX protocol and underlying network connectivity is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, as well as being capable of building strong working relationships with interfacing team and stakeholders.
- Able to work both independently and as part of team.