Application Support Engineer
- Ensure maximum uptime for multiple production systems
- Provide L1/L2 application production support to users for trading, data processing, and IT operations
- Provide weekend support in a rotational basis and occasional public holiday support Manage, own and frequently follow-up incidents and requests raised to the team.
- Monitor and follow up critical system alerts; perform initial diagnosis and potential fix and escalate to the right teams.
- Assume the role of major incident manager upon major incidents, focusing on coordinating efforts, seeking updates from fellow tech teammates and providing timely updates to all stakeholders.
- Perform system operation and administration tasks, including checking and monitor multiple systems performance on a daily basis
- Work closely with internal users and external vendors to investigate and resolve production system issues, and communicate system enhancement /bug fix requirements to multiple engineering teams
- Help the team manager to refine and streamline day to day operations via automations Help the team manager to define work rosters, schedules and other managerial tasks.
- Help the team manager to formulate and continuously improve the team’s way of working.
- Work to comply with SLA and OLA
- Hands-on for incident management, change management and response management and writing RCA reports.
- Document knowledge articles and manage the team's knowledge base; share and promote overall knowledge level
- Provide support in non-office hours during emergency situations.
- Coordinate between product and development teams to ensure effective delivery of supporting services to the end-user
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and trends
- Very strong sense of self-discipline, responsibility and integrity.
- A strong interest in working in crypto technology and financial environments.
- 5-10 years of experience in application support or application development. More experienced candidates will be offered the role of senior support engineer.
- 3-7 years of experience in supporting an exchange / high frequency / low latency trading platforms.
- Proficient in English language; Chinese language is helpful but not a must.
- Very strong team player and ability to proactively manage self and team's work with little supervision; high sense of responsibility and integrity.
- Proficient in Database queries
- Knowledge in shell scripting and basic linux commands.
- Good knowledge in formal and practical production support model
- Experience with ITSM platforms like Jira, ServiceNow, etc.
- Excellent problem solving skill with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management ability and self organised and motivated.
- Familiar with agile methodologies Familiar with operations under Linux environment
- Familiar with relational databases concepts
Preferred Technical Skills
- For the role of senior support engineer, team leading and management experience would be an advantage.
- Support experience in applications on Linux environment and cloud computing
- Good understanding of the ITIL V3/4 framework is highly preferred Understanding of AWS / Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of Redis and log queries is a plus Experience administering multiple monitoring systems such as Datadog, NewRelic, Kubernetes, Grafana and Elastic Cloud
- Strong Experience with Cloud Computing, AWS, Microservices Architecture, Unix and Linux Systems
- Experience coding in Ruby, Python, Java and/or GoLang would be a plus