Head of Risk, Malta
In this role, you will:
- Establish, implement, oversee and maintain the Enterprise Risk Management Framework of the Company.
- Develop the conceptual approach and implement a strategic risk management framework.
- Establish adequate risk management policies and procedures, which identify, measure and provide for the proper monitoring, reporting and mitigation of all material risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems.
- Ensure with the help of the Compliance Department that the risk management policies and procedures of the Company are in line with any applicable law.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to more fully develop and articulate the Company’s risk management framework including clarifying roles and responsibilities of three lines of defense and developing and implementing an approach to manage risk within the company’s risk tolerance.
- Adopt and ensure that effective arrangements, processes and mechanisms to manage the risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems, are in place and consistent with the Company’s risk tolerance levels.
- Monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s risk management policies and procedures, and propose updates and amendments as and when required to address amongst others; weaknesses in relation to internal controls and non-adherence to such policies and procedures by relevant staff members.
- Implement and monitor the adequacy of the adopted measures to address any deficiencies in the Risk Management Framework.
- Advise the Board of Directors of the Company in relation to the overall risk appetite, tolerance and strategy of the Company and assist the Board of Directors of the Company with the execution of risk management strategies.
- Preparation of Quarterly Risk Reports for the attention of the Board of Directors and Monthly Risk Updates to the General Manager.
- Form part of the Risk and Compliance Committees of the Company.
- Assist and liaise with other internal committees of the Company and the Board of Directors in general as well as with any new business venture, process, or strategy being considered and present adequate risk assessments.
- Monitor the key identified risks for the Company and report any findings that pose additional risks to the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Identify training needs and train the Company’s staff members in relation to risk related matters.
- Advise senior management on risk related activities.
- Handle any regulator risk related queries and provide timely and effective feedback.
- Substantial relevant experience (5+ years) in Risk functions on major risk related projects and a higher education and/ or accredited enterprise risk management certification(s), suitable for the role.
- Previous regulatory approvals in similar roles will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in virtual financial assets (cryptocurrency) will be considered an asset;
- Experience in developing risk models for major infrastructure projects and programs.
- Good working knowledge of the systems and toolsets used for Risk Management, and cost and schedule risk analysis systems.
- The Head must have a reasonable understanding of the Company’s business, its technical, financial and organizational structure.
- Highly developed commercial, strategic, leadership and communication skills.
- The Head must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive skill and experience in presenting complex information to senior executives and shareholders.
- Experience in building and managing a team of risk professionals.
- Strong communication skills, integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Drive change and make a difference in the organization.
- Deal with complexity and ambiguity to understand the bigger picture.
- Excellent command of English; excellent computer literacy.
Something looks off?