Financial Crime Analyst, Malta
In this role, you will:
- Carry out customer account reviews to determine whether a reasonable suspicion of ML/FT exists.
- Liaise with the Compliance Team to ensure that sufficient EDD has been requested and obtained on customers in according to their risk rating, as well as to properly assess whether the customer is involved in ML/FT;
- Review and further investigate adverse media, PEP and sanction-related escalations and present results to the Deputy MLRO and MLRO.
- Extract and compile customer data required for the submission of external reports with the FIAU and responding to Law Enforcement Requests.
- Assist the Financial Crimes Team in reviewing cases escalated by the Ongoing Monitoring Teams and file external reports to the FIAU as applicable;
- Ensure proper and timely handling of internal unusual activity reports.
- Act as a point of contact with relevant compliance teams and all relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of internal procedures to facilitate the escalation process;
- Implement the Company’s AML/CFT policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of local AML/CFT regulations, best practices, internal controls and AML/CFT risk management practices.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required to assist the Company in ensuring AML/CFT Compliance
- I.T. proficiency is a must;
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in an AML/CFT role within a financial institution regulated in Malta, experience in virtual financial assets (cryptocurrency) will be considered an asset.
- A thorough understanding of AML/CFT regulations within the fintech industry.
- General compliance experience in multiple fields including AML, Sanctions, KYC and Onboarding.
- Hands on experience in conducting financial crime investigations and writing corresponding narratives.
- Experience filing Reports through the FIAU GoAml Portal will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance priorities and deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the analysis of numeric data through excel or similar data tools;
- Experience with blockchain analytics and monitoring tools is preferred;
- Knowledge of digital assets and fintech products is preferred;
- CAMS certification, or willingness to obtain is preferred;
Something looks off?