Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About The Linea Team
The Linea team is at the forefront of innovation and the foundation of ConsenSys. We drive and support the Ethereum ecosystem, enable Enterprises around the world to successfully deploy and manage blockchains at scale, and power other products at ConsenSys (MetaMask, Infura, Palm). We are believers in contributing to the Ethereum community with our time (EIP-1559, The Merge), expertise, and products (Besu, Teku, Rollups). ConsenSys R&D is part of the Protocols Team where we have the opportunity for long-term thinking in the products we bring to market. Our products span both open-source and commercial offerings. Similar to our products, our team is also decentralized around the world.
What you’ll do
As a DevOps Engineer in the Linea team at ConsenSys you will join a world class technical team with state of the art expertise in various technologies. This role will focus on supporting the team with defining and implementing DevSecOps best practices across the group. This role is an opportunity to learn and improve, as part of a talented team, with plenty of challenges in a rapidly developing technology. You will collaborate with the global Ethereum community, including researchers, engineers and product owners, and play a key role in building next-generation networks.
- Supporting the delivery of consistent DevSecOps best practices across the organization.
- Develop and manage software and automation solutions to help increase the velocity of the development teams.
- Creation of infrastructure as code for ethereum test nets and nodes - multi region and multi cloud provider
- Assist the wider security team in ConsenSys with rolling out changes for consistency and compliance (e.g: security scans etc)
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 5+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role on Linux/Unix Systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or equivalent)
- Experience with a cloud platform like AWS or Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience with CI tools eg: GitHub Actions, CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience with Scripting using Bash, Python, NodeJS or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and ELK (or equivalent)
Bonus points for
- Experience with GitOps practices (Flux or equivalent) and working in an agile environment
- Experience with DevSecOps tools for code scanning, vulnerability scanning, dependency scanning and container image scanning
- Understanding of event streaming (Kafka or equivalent)
- Experience with operating Highly performant systems
- Experience with Docker and Docker-Compose
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
It is a requirement of employment in this position that applicants will be required to submit to background checks including but not limited to employment, education and criminal record checks. Further details will be provided to applicants that successfully meet the criteria for the position as determined by the company in its sole discretion. By submitting an application for employment, you are acknowledging and consenting to this requirement.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.