Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the team to contribute to the design and development of new features for the extension and mobile clients.
- Ensure the codebase remains clean, maintainable, and well-documented, following best practices and coding standards to facilitate future enhancements, bug fixes, and scalability.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the team, assisting with problem-solving, code reviews, and troubleshooting issues related to hardware wallet integrations and account management. Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure successful project delivery.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in cryptographic standards, and industry trends. Continuously evaluate new tools, libraries, and frameworks.
- Document the development process, architecture, and relevant information. Share knowledge with the team through documentation, presentations, or workshops to promote understanding and enable future team members to work effectively.
Responsibilities will include
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement scalable and secure systems
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and enforce best practices to ensure high quality code.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and advancements in blockchain technology, specifically about account and key management, cryptography, and hardware wallets.
- Maintain and develop hardware wallet integrations with the client apps.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Experience developing smart contracts with Solidity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in English, with the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and QA Engineers.
- Understanding of Ethereum and the blockchain ecosystem.
- Enthusiasm for continual learning and interest in blockchain technologies.
- Security and cryptography experience.
Nice to have
- Experience with React Native developing mobile applications.
- DevOps experience
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$122,000-$247,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).