Program Manager (Growth)
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Corporate Programs team sits within the Strategy, Execution & Analytics (SEA) function at Coinbase. We leverage program management skills to supercharge execution on the most critical priorities for the business.
We’re looking for a Program Manager to lead a critical marketing program focused on incentives and sweepstakes. This is a global program which is complex in nature due to the breadth of cross-functional workstreams and the need to comply with stringent regulatory requirements both in the US and other regions. It will require someone with impeccable attention to detail, systematic thinking and overall thoughtful execution.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead the end-to-end management of sweepstake and incentive campaigns, including developing official rules, building end-user touch points, and overseeing winner drawings & prize fulfillment (including finance/tax administration).
- Align the team on strategy, goals/objectives and success metrics for each campaign
- Establish a clear program structure that sets process clarity & roles/responsibilities, and implement an operating rhythm that drives momentum
- Execute ‘Clear Communication’ plans using appropriate channels, and publish high-quality documentation as needed
- Build detailed project plans, gantt charts and proactively identify risks, issues & dependencies
- Drive accountability across the program and partner closely with the Legal team to ensure strict compliance to laws and regulations
- Proactively identify ways to streamline processes to enable ‘Efficient Execution’ at all times
- Lead other high-impact programs/initiatives that may arise ad hoc to support the Corporate Programs team
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 2+ years working on sweepstakes, incentives and/or promotional marketing campaigns
- 4+ years in program management leading large cross-functional programs and initiatives
- Experience working at tech company (ideally fintech) or in marketing at a blue-chip
- Highly organized with an impeccable attention to detail
- Experience using content management platforms
- Comfortable with ambiguity, can turn incomplete or even conflicting inputs into clear plans
- Experience identifying & implementing scalable solutions to systemic challenges
- Clear communicator (both written & verbal) who can facilitate dialogues with senior stakeholders and drive toward outcomes
Nice to haves
- Understanding of U.S state and global sweepstakes laws/regulations
- Experience working with customer/marketing systems (e.g. CRM systems etc.)
Job ID: P54374
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.