Summer 2024 - Human Resources Operations Intern
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As the HR Intern, you will work alongside the People Operations team to learn about and contribute to the optimization of our operational processes, as well as contributing to strategic initiatives that focus on improving our employee experience and knowledge management. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in process analysis, problem-solving, and process improvement methodologies.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Collaborate with team members to analyze and document current business processes. Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement.
- Collect and organize data related to key performance indicators (KPIs) and process metrics.
- Create process flowcharts and diagrams to visualize current and future-state processes.
- Assist in identifying root causes of process issues and work on solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Provide input on process improvement recommendations and present findings to the team and stakeholders.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation of process improvements, including procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in process testing and validation to ensure that changes yield the desired results.
- Assist in creating training materials and support the implementation of process changes.
- Participate in ongoing efforts to monitor and refine improved processes.
- Contribute to strategic projects with a focus on identifying problems and proposing solutions to create better business outcomes.
- Researching and collecting data to build informed proposals that influence leadership decision making.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- An interest in business process improvement and a willingness to learn.
Nice to haves:
- Degree or currently pursuing a degree in human resources, business, management, or a related field
- Experience using tools such as Workday, Jira or Looker
Position ID: P53210
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.