CES Sales Trader
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world’s most sophisticated clients have chosen Coinbase’s industry leading offerings for both Trading & Custody.
We are growing our Institutional Trading team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our institutional clients are both “crypto-forward” and traditional asset managers such as hedge funds, VCs, family offices, pensions and endowments. You will be part of a team that cultivates key customer relationships in the US and abroad. This role is embedded in the Global Trading team, and will help develop and execute the strategies to deliver on some of Coinbase’s key growth objectives.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Drive increased trading volume to Coinbase's Execution Desk by understanding clients' liquidity needs, proactively identify ways for high and low touch execution services to meet those needs, and provide client support for execution, liquidity, and market color.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients both on trading and the financing business through quality execution and service
- Work with the Sales and Client Services teams to identify, onboard, and monetize new client relationships and proactively identify new business opportunities for Coinbase.
- Identifying opportunities an
- Provide market color to clients on market conditions with an emphasis on liquidity and flow thematics and build trust through daily interactions.
- Maintain a pulse on the sentiment, trading activity, and provide feedback from client base and marketplace and keep relevant internal teams informed.
- Assist institutional Product Managers by providing feedback from clients to help guide new product development that meets client's needs in both the spot trading business and financing business.
- Openness to work 5 days a week including weekends on an flexible basis
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 2+ year(s) of Sales and/or Trading experience in digital assets, FX or derivatives at an institution
- Strong quantitative skills with experience in derivative pricing, calibration and optimization problems
- Must have had hands on experience with options
- Counterparty relationship management: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparties.
- Experience with daily execution of trading and asset lending department functions.
- Understanding of risk management and ability to implement this knowledge well.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to build businesses from the ground up.
- Strong data analysis, relationship management, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work hard and be scrappy.
- Excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in fast-paced trading environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for markets and/or crypto and digital assets.
- Business travel and weekend work as required
Nice to haves:
- Expecting fluent coding skills in Python and Excel
Job #: P52460
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.