Climatecoin is a long-term project that aims to create a defi ecosystem for decarbonization project owners to scale climate finance. As a part of its long-term vision, Climatecoin envisions a future where payments (e.g., retail payments and legal tender adoption) are made in carbon credits. At Climatecoin, you will be responsible for the technical design and development of defi protocols that include lending/borrowing, insurance, long-term futures, launchpad functions etc. We expect that you will have experience building a defi protocol that is in production. Also, experience with more than two blockchain platforms will be highly valued. As the stablecoin for carbon credits, Climatecoin will be present in different blockchains.
You should be able to understand product requirements and identify assignments within the team and external stakeholders if necessary. As the product owner, you will be responsible for overseeing project development starting with the bridging application for Climatecoin in different blockchains.
We are a team of diverse backgrounds, banking, carbon markets, sustainability, ESG disclosure and we also work with consultants. Our management team have held leadership roles in the Green Climate Fund, INATBA, UNEP and BBVA. The team has experience building national carbon markets and registries. Our expansive network of partner organizations include the Climate Chain Coalition, INATBA, the Blockchain Association, Inter-American Institute for Agriculture Cooperation (IICA) will give you the best opportunity to build something that can scale beyond the crypto space.
- Design the technical strategy for multichain product development
- Drive product strategy through a deep understanding of user and ecosystem needs, opportunities, and pain points
- Own and plan projects and products end to end for long-term impact – including UI, backend, testing, etc.
- Collaborate with product, design, and supply team to define, prioritize and develop solutions/features
- Oversee technical integration with existing carbon registries.
We are working with blockchains that require understanding of the following languages
- Solidity, Rust