Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you'll work on:
- Support multiple development teams with an agile, responsive CI/CD platform to deliver high-quality builds with measurable performance and quality.
- Build, maintain, improve, scale and secure cloud infrastructure and resources using IaC tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi).
- Automate operational tasks via Go, Python and serverless solutions (AWS Lambda, Kubernetes Jobs).
- Design, manage and monitor Kubernetes clusters for multiple production workloads.
- Driving forward our blockchain infrastructure by creating and managing blockchain nodes across a wide variety of blockchains that includes Algorand, Ethereum, Hedera, Flow, Solana, Stellar, Tron.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any production systems and conduct root cause analysis.
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture.
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security-focused tools and frameworks and exert a top-class security posture.
- Engaging and mentoring team members and helping grow and scale the team.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (III)
- 4+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider.
- Solid understanding/experience on Shell/Bash
- You have at least 3 years of combined experience in building and maintaining CI/CD platforms and supporting agile engineering teams in building microservices.
- Experience with
- Building Docker images and deploying containers in Kubernetes clusters.
- Any modern CI/CD platform with seemingly complex gates and workflows.
- Blue-Green, Canary, and A/B Testing deployment strategies.
- Distributed blockchain systems, running and maintaining blockchain full nodes.
- Database technologies (PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Migrating and transforming large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures, and formats.
- Data warehousing tooling and services (Airflow, AWS DMS, Snowflake).
- Knowledge of networking routing, DNS, load balancing, and edge networking.
- Knowledge of APM, RUM, monitoring, and telemetry tools.
- Helm charts and deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Authoring and maintaining IaC with Terraform and using IaC to deploy resources in AWS, Azure, GCP, or any other public cloud providers.
- Strong skills around observability, troubleshooting, and performance solutioning.
- Ability and eagerness to deep dive into understanding, debugging and improving any layer of the tech stack.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to peers and stakeholders.
Staff Site Reliability Engineer (IV)
All the requirements of a Senior Site Reliability Engineer and:
- 7+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider.
- Led teams technically on architecture and system design.
- Deep understanding/experience with:
- API design and REST principles.
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- Containers and Kubernetes.
- SQL databases and designing schemas.
- Deep focus on coding standards and code quality - a desire to have great test coverage.
Senior Staff Site Reliability Engineer (V)
All the requirements of a Staff Site Reliability Engineer and:
- 10+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider.
- Expert in many areas of System availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Possess the best practices on automation, system design, and improvements to system resilience.
Principal Site Reliability Engineer (VI)
All the requirements of a Senior Staff Site Reliability Engineer and:
- 12+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider.
- Cross-functional partnership to align teams with external stakeholders.
- A champion on setting coding standards and code quality - a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.