Lead Product Manager, Developers
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Product Manager to build new API products that make it easy for developers to build Crypto-powered applications. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to bring the benefits of blockchain powered apps to billions of users.
The Product Manager will be responsible for products built with the infrastructure that powers our core protocols (USDC, CCTP) and includes both permissioned (SaaS offerings) and permissionless products (on-chain protocols). Some examples include: Programmable Wallets (our WaaS offering), Smart contract Platform, & Gas Abstraction. The role is focussed on enabling both web3 native ecosystem developers as well as web2 enterprises to develop with Circle’s infrastructure, and requires developing in-depth knowledge of frontier Web3 technologies (e.g. Account Abstraction, Intents, Naming, many other EIPs).
What you'll work on:
- Engage with ecosystem developers (anyone using USDC, CCTP, EURO-C) to understand how Circle can support them, convert those into a roadmap and get them to market (this role involves a high level of external collaboration)
- Own the product vision, feature set, and roadmap to take these developer products from 0 to 1. The products would involve a mix of off-chain & completely on-chain protocols.
- Deep dive and stay up-to-date on what's happening at the frontier of blockchain technologies - account abstraction, smart contracts, intents etc. The work might involve reading and contributing to EIPs.
- Define what a great developer experience is for both developers who have written ten’s of smart contracts and developers writing their first smart contract
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders including legal, compliance, treasury & marketing to get these products to market.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
Lead Product Manager
- You have more than 7 years of product management or entrepreneurship experience, with 2+ years of building in crypto, preferably developer infrastructure tools or a protocol.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, engineering or a related field. You have 3+ years of experience as a software developer or have previous expertise building products for developers.
- You have a deep understanding of blockchain technologies. You actively use and experiment with dapps, read EIPs and engage with communities.
- You are a fantastic communicator both verbally and in writing. You are used to effectively interfacing with customers and developers, as well as the open source community.
- You are detail-oriented, highly analytical and comfortable digging into data.
- You’re able to work effectively in a fully remote environment with teams spanning multiple time-zones (our team is across the US, Europe & Taiwan). You have experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
Principal Product Manager
- All the requirements of a Lead Product Manager and:
- You have more than 10 years of product management experience, having evolved product portfolios that have attracted meaningful customer adoption and generated significant revenue.
- You have owned product strategy for complex commercial products (preferably crypto). You have experience identifying and managing risks associated with products you own.
- You have mentored other product managers in the past. You have demonstrated experience influencing partners and executives in order to achieve results.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Lead Product Manager
Base Pay Range: $157,500 - $207,500
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Principal Product Manager
Base Pay Range: $187,500 - $240,000
Annual Bonus Target: 17.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.