Director, Business Development, Americas
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Reporting to the VP, Business Development, Americas, you are a senior leader capable of developing, owning and managing large partner relationships and strategic ecosystem initiatives. You will be directly responsible for:
- Delivering on a set of ambitious company-level business objectives
- Landing and growing strategic partnerships with a focus on USDC distribution in the Americas with an emphasis on key markets in Latin America
- Executing and providing oversight on the execution of commercial partnerships with organizations across a variety of segments for Circle’s suite of products and services
- Creating and operationalizing robust activation and growth programming to maximize ROI across Circle and partners working with a cross functional team
- Developing innovative partnership approaches that leverage Circle’s assets and tap into partner assets and capabilities to drive business growth
What you’ll work on:
You will work with Circle leadership and key stakeholders to prioritize, close and manage strategic, high-revenue opportunities which will include:
- Originating and managing a portfolio of strategic opportunities, driving partnership momentum, and developing & executing comprehensive GTM plans for key initiatives
- Developing a deep understanding of the market, use cases, partnership potential and required business outcomes in Circle’s focus markets
- Developing deal constructs, identifying and negotiating deal terms ensuring “balance of trade” with major partners and managing the end-to-end deal process
- Establishing and maintaining strong executive relationships with key decision makers in large partner organizations
- Coordinating closely with cross-functional teams across the deal lifecycle
- Ensuring clear and articulate communication in both written and oral form including sharing documentation, soliciting feedback and maintaining deal hygiene in sales tools
- Cultivating a team culture that is extremely high integrity, collaborative, customer-focused, metrics-driven, fast-paced, and optimistic.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of Business Development or Strategic Partner Management experience.
- Experience in financial services, payments and/or blockchain/crypto preferred
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and win high-impact strategic deals with a C-level audience.
- Excellent pipeline management and ability to prioritize across an expansive set of initiatives to maximize business growth
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside technical resources and contribute to solution development for partner solutions
- Impeccable written and presentation skills in English and Spanish
- Finally, you enjoy building at the earliest stages. You care deeply about contributing and improving company processes. And you enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping partners and customers thrive.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $197,500 - $255,000
Annual Bonus Target: 20%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.