Director, Accounting EMEA
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you'll work on:
- Act as key accounting team liaison with local EMEA regulatory authorities to support new licensing applications and respond to regulatory enquiries.
- Act as key point of contact for operationalization of new EMEA legal entities and activity including ensuring robust operational processes that scale with transaction volume to meet safeguarding and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the EMEA accounting team and assess resourcing needs to support future growth.
- Oversee regional close process including production of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts for EMEA legal entities and accompanying flux analysis.
- Oversee statutory audit plans for all EMEA legal entities and act as the key point of contact for local auditors and ensure audit deadlines are consistently met.
- Oversee the preparation of statutory accounts including footnote support and translation between IFRS and US GAAP as required for the quarterly financial statements process.
- Collaborate with Circle’s Technical accounting team to assess the impact of new products and significant and unusual transactions on the statutory accounts and ensure appropriate local GAAP requirements are considered and accounted for appropriately.
- Work with the FP&A team to support the annual budgeting and forecasting processes for Circle’s Asia locations.
- Work with the Treasury team to perform cash flow forecasting for the various EMEA entities and ensure they are appropriately capitalized from both an operational and regulatory perspective.
- Support operational needs of all Circle EMEA entities as required including rollout of new finance systems, supporting ERP implementation for local reporting requirements, supporting the payroll process and setting up international payment processes.
- Work closely with Circle’s tax team and tax advisors to support local tax requirements of Circle EMEA entities including corporate tax returns, indirect tax obligations and tax provision calculations.
- Work with the Internal Controls & SOX team to ensure processes and internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities:
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail;
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals;
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of relevant accounting experience, ideally with experience in public accounting and experience working in financial services or a technology company.
- Experience overseeing and implementing accounting processes for high volume transaction products and business operations.
Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills to manage accounting workflows and execute on cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively cross functionally in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Experience preparing financial statements under IFRS (mandatory) and US GAAP (highly desirable).
- Experience managing audits autonomously, acting as the key point of contact and managing the end-to-end process.
- Experience working with multinational companies including multi-currency and consolidation accounting.
- Ability to roll up sleeves on detailed work as needed as well as strategically manage workstreams.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.Professionally qualified with Chartered accountant, CPA or equivalent designation.
- Experience working in the regulated financial services or payments industries or at a FinTech company would be highly sought after.
- French language fluency would be an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.