Sales Engineering, Intern
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an intern in the Client Solutions department to assist with a number of documentation and collateral improvement projects. You will learn the end-to-end details of the Solution Validation and Implementation stages of the sales process owned by Client Solutions. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills on a side project during the internship.
What you'll work on:
- Gathering existing collateral and documentation and indexing it in the Client Solutions team Confluence space and in Guru. This includes policy and process documentation, sales decks, training materials, and demo tools, among other items.
- Identifying, along with guidance from team leadership, gaps in the existing documentation of current processes and procedures.
- Creating new documents and based on identified gaps.
- Taking notes during team meetings to help the Client Solutions team stay on track.
- Proposing and executing an appropriate technical project, with help from your mentor, that contributes to Client Solutions team productivity and/or organization. Examples of this could include, but are not limited to, writing a utility script that helps to automate routine tasks or creating a tool that demonstrates integration of Circle’s products with related protocols/services.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Coursework in Computer Science, but not necessarily pursuing a CS degree.
- Interest in learning about the software sales process, and understanding the business side of technology.
- Familiarity with at least one programming language, web development framework, or .
- Demonstrated interest in fintech, distributed ledger technology, and or cryptocurrencies.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range for this role added below is specific to the location of this job posting. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay: $20
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.