Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you will be doing
- Evaluate new blockchain technologies and their capabilities.
- Develop and validate cryptographic implementations.
- Create highly performant code that is clean, simple, maintainable, and battle-tested with test-driven development (TDD) for maximum test coverage
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack.
What you should have (not all required)
- At least 4 years of experience in blockchain or crypto.
- Expertise with cryptography, blockchain technologies, and the underlying fundamentals and mathematics.
- Technical understanding of blockchain technologies including but not limited to BIPs, UTXO, EVM, Nakamoto Consensus, and cryptography.
- Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding-edge blockchain technologies
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas, and present concepts effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of secure cryptosystems operating practices required.
- Advanced degree in cryptography, computer science, mathematics, or related fields is strongly preferred.
- Experience participating or maintaining in open-source software development is highly preferred.
- Experience with writing smart contracts would be a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.