Senior Software Engineer, Backend, APAC
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you will be doing
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Creates services, APIs, and SDKs which align with data protection standards and aid in the implementation of protection controls for other developers
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Conduct whitebox tests and optimize performance
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies and provide training, help, and support to other team members
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
What you should have
Software Engineer, Backend (II)
- 2+ years of experience as a Back-end developer
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- Understanding of specific languages, such as Golang, Rust or Java and operating systems may be required
- Familiar with the Golang Web Framework like Gin, Fasthttps and know the golang develop related tool like go mod , go lint, etc
- Familiar with database operations like MySQL, Postgresql, NoSql, etc. And understand how to use raw commands to operate databases
- Familiar with unit test development and look for high quality coding
- Strong understanding of the web service development cycle and programming techniques and tools
Senior Software Engineer, Backend (III)
All of the requirements of a Software Engineer, Backend (II) and:
- 4+ years of experience as a Back-end developer
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Led teams (2-4) technically on architecture and system design
Staff Software Engineer, Backend (IV)
All of the requirements of a Senior Software Engineer, Backend (III) and:
- 7+ years of experience as a Back-end developer
- Ability to design the solution architecture and complete the implementation
- Led teams (>5) technically on architecture and system design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?