Staff Software Engineer
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the global mass adoption of cryptocurrencies. Still, like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Software Engineers in the data platform and clustering teams strike a balance between forward-looking software engineering best practices, and data engineering infrastructure know-how. This team partners with data scientists, research, and product teams, helping architect, create and maintain data pipelines. Software Engineers in the data platform and Clustering teams have a deep understanding of blockchain data, are experts at understanding protocol schemas and nuances, and build scalable AWS ingest pipelines, lambdas, and services. We measure success by the coverage of data clustered for the various Chainalysis products.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have successfully built cloud-native data ingest and aggregation processes that intake gigabytes of data per day
- You’ve added features to our product suite that detect activities for market manipulation, fraud, behavioral patterning, and more
- You have built a scalable API service on AWS that handles up to 1000 requests per second
- You have helped the team to modernize our stack to a streaming architecture
- You have debugged production issues across multiple systems and microservices
A background like this helps:
- You’ve led or played an instrumental role in designing and implementing cloud-native microservices-based distributed systems in a major cloud provider like AWS or GCP
- Experience mentoring other engineers, leading cross-team projects, and driving design and technology decisions
- You have a bias to ship and iterate alongside product management and design partners
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- Strong technical background with 8+ years of experience working directly on backend systems/ projects
- You take great pride in materializing product ideas through production
- Exposure to or interest in the cryptocurrency technology ecosystem
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes is a plus!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.