Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
As a Security Engineer at Chainalysis, you'll be at the forefront of blockchain technology security. Your work will ensure the security and integrity of our innovative solutions, paving the way for the future of the blockchain industry. While a background in Software Development, DevOps, or Cloud Infrastructure helps, what truly matters is your understanding of cloud security best practices and application security principles. We value a diverse range of skills and perspectives, and we encourage individuals with a strong passion for security to apply.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the charge in identifying and managing security vulnerabilities across our cloud and application environments
- Master the use of vulnerability management tools like Tenable, Wiz, or Lacework, to ensure alignment with our security requirements
- Conduct crucial security scans for containerized applications and instance operating systems to maintain our robust infrastructure
- Develop container image and instance OS scanning policies, promoting proactive vulnerability management
- Develop Security Controls and Best Practices to secure our Cloud Infrastructure.
- Implement security automation using AWS security services and third-party tools, to expedite the implementation of the Security Controls and Best Practices
- Become a security expert on Kubernetes, Blockchain, and AI (LLM) environments, setting the security standard in these areas.
- As part of a team, conduct security reviews of our new products, features, and solutions by deep-diving into code, reviewing security architectures, and running advanced security testing to ensure our innovations are secure from the ground up.
- Offer internal user support and handle Jira tickets, encouraging effective collaboration and addressing security concerns throughout our organization
A background like this helps:
- Familiarity with tools like Tenable, Wiz, or Lacework
- Experience with AWS cloud security and Kubernetes
- Ability to manage patches and configurations using AWS SSM or Ansible
- Comfortable with Bash or Python Scripting for automation of tasks, including patch management and security audits
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and package management systems (apt, yum, etc)
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. Chainalysis maintains two pay zones: Zone 1 includes team members in the New York City metro area and team members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Zone 2 encompasses all other parts of the United States. The salary ranges are:
Zone 1 $120,000 - $155,000 - $190,000
Zone 2 $104,000 - $135,000 - $166,000
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.