Technical Program Manager, Data Operations (Toronto)
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The Business Technology and Security (BTS) team is responsible for building and securing systems to help Chainalysis achieve its mission. We are committed to developing a diverse team of builders, breakers and shapers to address complex technology problems in a novel, exciting space.
Technical Program Managers are really good at using technical expertise to work closely with engineers and business teams to deliver significant business-impacting products and processes. We measure success by how well you are able to identify problems, define requirements, build new programs from the ground up, and operationalize them from end-to-end.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You partner effectively with cross-functional teams to bootstrap our data governance program
- You build and execute plans to measure effectiveness and quality of Chainalysis business data
- You work with the BizTech Analytics team to stand up analytics programs for Chainalysis teams
- You build an operational and technical metrics program for BTS
A background like this helps:
- Experience identifying and managing program risk
- Demonstrated strong skills in technical /non-technical documentation writing - Request for Proposals, Project scoping, SOW, Executive summaries, Status reports
- Experience with data governance and data management programs focused on corporate data domains especially people, finance and revenue.
- Strong technical understanding of ETL and reverse ETL pipelines as well as the tools used for ingestion, data warehousing and integration like AWS (particularly Redshift and serverless), Fivetran, Airflow, Snowflake, Databricks and Workato
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize, driving decisions based on data
- Able to adapt in an environment where the business changes rapidly
- Experience consulting and acting as a trusted advisor to finance, people, and sales partners from a holistic data perspective that includes analytics
- Visualization and other data analysis tools such as Looker and Tableau
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence and applying best practices to track execution of projects
We would prefer this employee be based out of Toronto, Canada or anywhere within the Ontario Province.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.