Lead HR Operations Specialist
Brevan Howard Asset Management
Lead HR Operations Specialist
Reporting to the HR Operations Director (UK &EMEA), the Lead HR Operations Specialist plays the role of player-coach to the broader team and is responsible for delivering an effective, efficient and professional operational HR service to the business. In addition, support the optimization of HR processes and systems within the organization, working closely with broader HR teams to ensure the efficient and effective use of Workday.
- Lead projects that support both the HR Operations Roadmap and wider HR objectives
- Provide support for and lead HR process improvement including ownership of project-related documentation and plans:
- Implement and continuously improve processes to increase efficiency and scalability.
- Drive standardization, simplification, and automation of processes and transactions.
- Support the HR Operations Director in training and mentoring new and existing HR Operations team members.
- Provide day to day oversight of all HR queries in line with SLAs, escalating appropriately and ensuring SLAs are met with the highest levels of customer service. Act as triage manager in assigning HR queries and escalating appropriately.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support to the global workforce for process and technical support of Workday HCM
- Partner with HR Teams and relevant business stakeholders to continuously evaluate and update supported processes, ensuring optimization, effectiveness and overall compliance. Make recommendations as a result of reviews and lead in effectuating change.
- Enterprise-wide standardized people reporting, partnering with HR IS and HR Data Analytics on more complex requests.
- Perform testing for system fixes and enhancements and facilitate testing with internal and external teams as needed.
- Responsible for validation of expected outcomes and executing regression testing. Provides recommendation to move these to production.
- Ensures internal documentation, guidelines and operating procedures are kept up to date.
- Act as point of contact for data integrity reviews and audits and ensure integrity and compliance of transactional data in Workday.
- Support the process of mass changes in Workday, including re-organizations and cyclical events.
- Create, maintain and update procedural documentation, FAQs, tip sheets and how-to guides for HR system and process navigation and troubleshooting.
- Fulfil any additional, ad-hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Demonstrable experience acting in a player-coach role within a People/HR Operations, ideally within a shared services environment.
- Experience with Workday essential
- Experience of working with, and gaining trust and cooperation, of colleagues in a complex and matrix environment.
- Strong customer service focus, always looking at things from the customers perspective.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow or Jira desired but not essential.
- Strong process, data and systems orientation, with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Able to ensure compliance with company policies and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of EMEA employment legislation/ compliance laws and market practices, including immigration, and favourably additional knowledge of other countries (APAC/US).
- Strong understanding of HR transactional services, including onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, or relevant subject desired but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible with the ability to manage and prioritize tasks as necessary. Ability to work in fast- paced and dynamic team environment.