Quant Analyst - Emerging Markets
Brevan Howard Asset Management
Summary of position
The role is for a Desk Quant/Strat supporting the Trading Desks day-to-day with a focus on Emerging Markets. Helping the desks understand risk/PnL, discussing and developing Trading Tools (Excel, Python) and using/enhancing the existing analytics library (C++).
It represents an excellent opportunity for a Quant to work alongside Interest Rate and FX Traders, understand how these markets behave and deliver trading tools/analysis. It will require staying up to date on the latest technologies and market developments – researching these and implementing where appropriate.
The primary asset classes in focus will be Rates and FX in the Emerging Markets space. There will also be regular dialogue with risk managers and other departments
- Day-to-day support of the EM Trading Desks
- Maintain and build Front Office Trading/Analysis tools
- Dialogue with Traders, Risk Managers and other departments as necessary
- Potential to develop core analytics library
- 2-5 years hands-on experience as a FO Quant/Strat
- Knowledge and a passion for Interest Rate and/or FX markets and analytics
- Good degree in a quantitative discipline
- ML / AI
- Strong communication skills, comfortable interacting with Traders and risk managers.
- Motivated, delivery focused self-starter who thrives in a dynamic team environment
- Attention to detail