Senior Android Engineer (Contract)
Pioneering the field of blockchain infrastructure, Blockdaemon has consistently led the way. Over the years, we have established the robust foundations upon which numerous successful Web 3.0 projects have taken flight.
Blockdaemon envisions a multi-chain landscape, rooted in the foundations we've established. We foresee a future where every company adopts on-chain strategy, and we're committed to leading the way towards a decentralized web.
We are on the lookout for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join forces with us in developing the next generation of Blockdaemon secure cross-chain wallet services. As a key member of the Engineering team, this role drives global standards, makes valuable contributions to open-source initiatives, and develops institutional-grade solutions, as well as exposure to essential components for facilitating secure and seamless cross-chain wallet interaction.
In this role, you'll join forces with a seasoned cross functional delivery team, all dedicated to bridging the world with blockchain technology. Together, you'll create state-of-the-art mobile applications and SDKs, shaping the future of the industry. You'll engineer and construct scalable, secure, and dependable software. This position offers the opportunity to dive into cryptography and blockchains.
This role is given a high level of autonomy/ownership over projects, the opportunity to expand knowledge, and the chance to help build the web3 wallet infrastructure of the future.
You’ll participate in cross functional architecture decisions and engage with team members in implementing best practices, developing software and executing on new features and product initiatives with a commitment to excellence in code quality. This role will report into a technical engineering manager and work closely with product and engineering teams to support company goals and initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing mobile apps and SDKs ranging from rapid prototypes to production applications across Blockdaemon products.
- Leveraging cloud based systems to deploy and maintain technical solutions across multiple environments.
- Ensuring code quality and maintainability by reviewing, testing and debugging code amongst peers.
- Staying up to speed with new and emerging technologies, industry shifts, and engineering best practices.
- Attending and supporting various agile ceremonies, such as standups and retrospectives.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional experience and expert knowledge of iOS or Android, preferably in a fast paced environment.
- Highly proficient with Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin or Java in a mobile environment.
- Demonstrable experience building, maintaining and delivering customer facing mobile apps and SDKs (Apple Store, Google Play, Cocoapods, Maven, etc.)
- Strong experience building UIs and have a keen eye for design.
- General knowledge of and experience using various protocols (HTTP, WebSockets, etc.)
- Wide experience with mobile database, caching and queuing technologies.
- Solid foundation in concurrency, multi-threading and energy efficiency with respect to UX.
- Strong ability to write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Real world experience with hybrid development tools (Flutter or React Native)
- Familiarity with common digital signature schemes (ECDSA, EdDSA, RSA, etc.)
- Mobile CI/CD knowledge (Gitlab, CircleCI, Bitrise, etc.)
At Blockdaemon, we’re committed to the key values of product excellence, integrity, and openness. We practice complete ownership and focus on product excellence, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We embrace open dialogue and honest feedback to arrive at a complete picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Blockdaemon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.