Research Scholar - 2024
Blockchain Capital is the first venture capital firm to invest exclusively in the blockchain technology sector. Over the past decade, we have backed over 170 founders with the principal mission of helping these entrepreneurs build world-class companies. As a Research Scholar, you will be working alongside a team that has seen the ups, downs, twists and turns as the industry has radically evolved. We are early backers of companies like Coinbase, OpenSea, Matter Labs, EigenLayer, Kraken, Anchorage, Aave, and Circle and we always take a research-driven approach to investing. We have the right blend of experience, network, and grassroots action that gives our founders an advantage in building the next components of the new internet economy.
Working in partnership with our research and investment team, this is a unique role that offers the ability to work closely with the investment team, conduct deep research and analysis, and develop their understanding of the crypto ecosystem and venture capital. Previous research scholars have conducted research on DAO treasury diversification, dynamic NFTs, liquidity mining, and more.
- Conduct deep research and analysis on industry verticals, technical trends and more
- Identify and reason emerging trends in the space, and distill appropriate investment themes
- Take a qualitative and technically quantitative approach to research projects
- Present ideas and analysis regularly to the broader investment and research team
What we’re looking for
- A strong understanding of smart contracts, crypto-economics and blockchain technologies generally
- Robust analytical skills that allow for identifying trends and assessing data in the crypto ecosystem
- Ability to aggregate information from a variety of sources and distill data into informed insights and conclusions
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to think creatively and have a point of view you like to share
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, math or data science is preferred but not a requirement
- SF or NYC preferred, with possibility of remote
- Must have the right/authorization/ability to work in the US over the summer
- Summer 2024 position, full-time, paid position over 12 weeks
- Please submit the following: Resume and any relevant links (writing, blogs, Twitter, GitHub, etc)
- Please answer the following prompt: Share an investment thesis (for or against) on one of the following projects: Eigenlayer, Worldcoin or a project of your choosing. Please take some time to understand one of these projects, then write 1-2 pages explaining whether or not you think we should invest and why. We’ll be evaluating your research skills, use of data and communication skills.
Please apply here, applications are accepted on a rolling basis.