Associate General Counsel
This role is for an Associate General Counsel to join the Blockchain Capital legal team in the San Francisco office (potential for removal available). In this role, you will report to and work closely with the General Counsel of the firm to support the firm in its operation and investment activities across a wide range of legal matters.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Negotiate, structure, and/or review investment transactions for investment opportunities.
- Lead legal and regulatory diligence on potential investments.
- Field ongoing portfolio documentation, including reviewing board and stockholder consent.
- Review and negotiate M&A transactions for web3 portfolio companies.
- Coordinate deal processes with the investment and operations team.
- Support operating groups and legal needs of operations team – including vendor contracts, NDAs, and marketing resources.
- Support the General Counsel with matters of fund formation and maintenance as well as other firm organizational structures and operational systems. Manage ongoing regulatory document production.
Investment Team Support
- Assess legal risks associated with investment opportunities and counsel on deal structures.
- Support portfolio companies with securities law and regulatory matters, such as analyzing and designing decentralized systems.
- Support the General Counsel in understanding the changing legal and regulatory environment and the potential effects on the investment landscape.
- Maintain an understanding of policy and regulatory developments affecting the crypto industry.
- Interface with trade associations and policy groups in which the firm participates.
- Work with General Counsel to implement firm regulatory and policy strategy, including reviewing policy and legislation and engaging with policymakers and regulators.
- Assist with managing outside counsel.
- Build and maintain a network of industry counsel and other professionals.
Skills & Experience Required
- BA or BS from an undergraduate institution. JD from an accredited law school.
- Membership or registration as in-house counsel with CA state bar.
- 4-7 years of experience working as an attorney, with a preference for experience in crypto, venture capital, and tech.
- High-level legal knowledge is typically gained from working in the legal industry, including general corporate law (Delaware), tax, intellectual property, comp and benefits, employment, and litigation.
- Exceptional contract review, drafting, and negotiation skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in collaborative / team contexts.
- Great work ethic and commitment to integrity.
- Passion for the crypto industry and excitement to work with entrepreneurs and developers building the future of blockchain and web3 technology.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience (including potential for carried interest participation). Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 100% top-shelf firm funded medical, dental, prescription, and vision benefits for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and dependents (if any)
- Health and Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Commuter benefits