The Blockchain Association (BA) is the unified voice of the cryptocurrency industry in Washington, DC. We are the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting a pro-innovation policy environment for the digital asset economy. Our members include the industry’s top companies, investors, and software developers working together to educate policymakers about blockchain technology and its ability to pave the way for a more secure, competitive, and consumer-friendly digital marketplace. Our mission is to forge consensus on key policy solutions among the private sector, regulators, lawmakers, and the public so that crypto can flourish in the United States.
Role and Responsibilities
We are hiring a full-time Policy Analyst who will have a unique opportunity to work on novel, complex, and exciting issues at the leading edge of digital asset law and policy. The Policy Analyst will play a critical role in crafting and implementing BA’s policy strategy.
As a Policy Analyst, you will:
- Conduct research and assist in developing policy positions on a broad range of issues related to the digital asset industry, including mining, staking, trading, custody, privacy, decentralized finance, stablecoins, non-fungible tokens, DAOs, gaming, and more
- Analyze policy issues relevant to the crypto industry and draft Hill briefing memos, talking points, whitepapers, comment letters, educational materials, and other documents
- Monitor proposed legislation, agency rulemakings, pending litigation, and other matters
- Stay up to date, and help keep the team up to date, on emerging research and analysis
- Prepare for and attend meetings with Hill staff, regulators, and other policymakers
- Speak with BA members to provide analysis and build consensus on policy positions
- Contribute to the development and implementation of BA’s policy goals as needed
The Policy Analyst will work from our Washington, DC office, with remote work as appropriate.
To qualify, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a record of academic success
- A strong, demonstrated interest in digital assets and blockchain technology
- Education or experience in US government affairs or the policymaking process
- Excellent critical thinking, research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- The self-motivation and drive to take ownership of projects and operate with autonomy
- The ability to succeed as a team player in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of curiosity, and a high degree of professionalism
We also prefer if you have:
- A passion for protecting civil liberties such as freedom of speech and financial privacy
- Experience using digital assets and other blockchain technology, such as DeFi or NFTs
Although we seek candidates who can start work immediately, we will accept applications from current students in the final year of a bachelor’s or graduate degree program.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Undergraduate transcript
- List of three references
Please include “Policy Analyst” in your email subject line. Your cover letter should be limited to one page and describe your interest in digital assets and why you are qualified for this role. Your writing sample should reflect original research and analysis.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a brief timed writing exercise and interview with current BA staff. We encourage interested candidates to apply quickly; application review will begin immediately, and the position will be filled on a rolling basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Blockchain Association is committed to providing a workplace based on equal opportunity where diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other identity or characteristic.